Martabe Gold Mine is managed and operated by PT Agincourt Resources. The mine covers an area of 30 km2 that falls under the sixth generation of Contract of Work (CoW) covering a total area of 1.303 km2.
Mineral Resources as of June 30, 2020, reached 7.6 million ounces of gold and 66 million ounces of silver. Production began at Martabe on 24 July 2012. The operating capacity of the Martabe Gold Mine is exceeds 6 million tonnes of ore per year to produce more than 300.000 ounces of gold and 2-3 million ounces of silver per year.
PTAR employs more than 3,000 employees and contractors, over 99% of whom are Indonesian nationals, and more than 70% of whom are recruited from local residents.
The majority shareholder in PTAR is PT Danusa Tambang Nusantara, which is owned by PT United Tractors, Tbk (60%) and PT Pamapersada Nusantara (40%), with a total share of 95%. PT United Tractors Tbk is a public company whose shares are listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange and also subsidiary of PT Astra International Tbk. PT United Tractors, Tbk’s share ownership consists of 59.50% by PT Astra International Tbk and 40.50% by the public. PT. Pamapersada Nusantara is 99.9% owned by PT United Tractors, Tbk.
To strengthen the existing Metallurgy Project team and to ensure the achievement of the project department objectives, the Martabe Gold Mine is looking for candidate to fill the role:
JUNIOR METALLURGIST (MPD 2105018)
This position will be based at Martabe Site in Martabe Project Development Department, and reports directly to Senior Metallurgist - Project.
Key duties and responsibilities for this role of this position involves the following:
• Support the project metallurgy team with development of key testwork program in relation to the sulphide treatment process.
• Monitor and supervise metallurgical testwork conducted by both internal and external laboratory.
• Analyse, evaluate and report on all testwork results in relation to the sulphide treatment process.
• Conduct regression recovery modelling analysis on key unit processes within the sulphide flowsheet and on new and updated reserves.
• Review process design and engineering documentations from engineering consultants.
• Complete all technical reports and evaluation in respects to sulphide testwork and equipment testing.
• Provide technical and operational support on pilot plant testwork in relation to setting out optimum operating parameters and development and updating of procedures.
• Provide operational and commissioning support as required on newly installed metallurigcal and processing equipment. This involves developing process control philosophy, developing operating and equipment procedures, analysing equipment and process performance and support with completion of commissioning reports.
• Conduct financial analysis and comparison on equipment and process selection within the sulphide process flowsheet.
• Provide technical and operational support to the operations team as requested to ensure that all metallurgical parameters and control strategies in the process plant are achieving design parameters with particular emphasis on safety and environment, productivity, quality and cost.
This position is to develop new graduate to mineral processing industry and improve technical skill that will support project metallurgy team. This position will develop their skill from the plant metallurgist and senior metallurgist.
Candidates for this role would be expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
1. Bachelor Degree in either Metallurgy or Mineral Processing
2. Good knowledge in production metallurgical role within the resource sector.
3. Have knowledge in crushing, milling process, CIL/CIP gold processing.
4. Very good verbal and written English language skills.
5. Knowledge of the methods, tools raw materials, and technology used in the metallurgical processing environment.
6. Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards within the mineral processing industry.
7. Ability to manage the work of metallurgical technicians on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
8. Ability to understand and efficiently carry out written and oral instructions.
9. An understanding of the production flow sheet of a CIL Process Plant.
10. Computer literate with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and Internet
11. Superior work ethic.
If you believe, you possess the skills, qualification and experience to fill in the position, please send in your CV complete with your latest photograph by quoting the position title & code on the email subject, no later than May 12, 2021 to:
Human Resources Department – PT Agincourt Resources