Govt to auction another 28 new oil and gas blocks next month
Monday, November 14 2005 - 02:31 AM WIB
Director General of Oil and Gas, Iin Takhyan, said in Jakarta last week that the 28 new oil and gas blocks would be part of about 60 new oil and gas blocks put on auction to both local and foreign oil and gas companies for exploration this year.
“The tender for the 28 oil and gas blocks will be officially opened in early or in the middle of Deccember,” he said, adding that the tender would be the second round of the tender of the country’s oil and gas blocks to be carried out this year
Meanwhile Director General of Oil and Gas Exploration , Novian M. Thaib, said that the second round tender of the oil block was initially scheduled in November but it was delayed because his office had to coordinate the tender process with the local government in a bid to prevent conflict.
According to Novian, the new oil and gas blocks which would be offered in the second round tender next month would also include offshore oil and gas blocks located in Malaka Strait, Natuna Sea and Papua Sea.
He said that 10 of the 28 oil and gas blocks would be offered for exploration through a direct offer (direct appointment), while the other 20 would be offered through a regular tender process.
The government auctioned 26 oil and gas blocks both through direct offer and regular tender process the first round of the tender carried out in July.
Novian said that winners of the 13 oil and gas blocks auctioned in July would be also announced in December, in coincidence with the launch of the second round tender. (godang)
