Kideco resumes mining ops
Tuesday, July 6 2010 - 02:47 AM WIB
Director General of Mineral, Coal and Geothermal Bambang Setiawan told Petromindo.Com that Kideco resumed mining operations on Monday. He did not give detail.
Government shut down Kideco?s mining operations on June 28, 2010 following a series of fatal accidents that killed five workers since the beginning of the year.
Separately, MS Marpaung, Technical Director at the ministry said that the government has ordered Kideco to improve its safety measures including lifting status of mine?s technical and operating head to Chief Operating Officer, more intensive trainings on safety and tighter supervision procedures for sub-contractors.
Kideco has projected its output to increase to 40 million tons in 2011, compared with this year's target of 29 million tons and last year?s output at 24.7 million tons.
Kideco is the country?s third largest miner with 50,400 ha concession. IDX-listed energy firm PT Indika Energy Tbk has a 46 percent stake in Kideco. (bernard)
