Tender for 27 new oil and gas blocks to be launched in March

Wednesday, February 22 2006 - 03:20 AM WIB

After months of delays, the government has finally decided to launch the tender of 27 new oil and gas blocks early March this year, Director General of Oil and Gas at The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Iin Takhyan said as reported by Investor Daily on Tuesday.

Iin said in Jakarta on Monday that a number of investors had expressed their interest to join the tender for the development of the new oil and gas blocks mostly located East Java, South Sumatra, Papua and Sulawesi.

As many as 17 of the oil and gas blocks would be offered for exploration through a direct offer(direct appointment), while the other 10 would be offered through a regular tender process.

Iin said that five of 17 oil and gas blocks which would be offered through direct appointment included those which did not receive any bids during the tender carried out in June, last year.

He also said that the government would also announce the winners of the June tender soon. (*)

Share this story

Tags:

Related News & Products