Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimize the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with head office in Jakarta and support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training center.
We are seeking experienced people for the following positions:
Expression of Interest – Senior Legal Counsel (926565)
Some of your duties will include:
• Provide practical, innovative and commercial written and verbal legal advice as required
• Review tender documents and perform contract risk assessments
• Negotiate contract terms with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
• Develop and maintain commercial and respectful relationships with clients, regulators, joint venture partners and other business partners
• Have a detailed understanding of contractual and legislative interpretation with practical, commercial advice on its application to the business
• Prepare and deliver relevant and targeted commercial and compliance training to the business
• Proactively manage claims, disputes, and litigation
• Liaise with government regulators as required
• Conduct Code of Conduct and Safety investigations as required
What skills and experience do you need?
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in law or dual degree (or higher) and admitted to legal practice with 8 – 10 years of experience
• External law firm experience (preferred)
• Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders and personnel with integrity at all times
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft systems including Sites, PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) in Indonesian and English
• Willing to travel (required)
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in an exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online through our web https://careers.pageuppeople.com/399/caw/en/listing no later than 2 weeks from the date of publication.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.