1. PT Bukit Asam (Persero) Tbk (“PTBA”), a state-owned coal mining company having registered office at Tanjung Enim, South Sumatera, plans to develop a coal-fired steam power plant with gross capacity of 2 x 8 MW in Tarahan Coal Terminal to fulfill the electricity power demand for coal handling processes (loading and unloading) at the coal terminal in, Tarahan, Bandar Lampung City, Lampung Province.
2. In line with the plan, PTBA intends to process an International Competitive Bidding to contractor for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (“EPC”) works for the Plant (the “Project”).
3. The Project will be located in Tarahan Coal Terminal Complex, in Tarahan District, the City of Bandar Lampung, Lampung Province, Indonesia, which is approximately 20 km southeast of Bandar Lampung, the capital city of Lampung Province.
4. Those who are interested in participating in the pre-qualification for the Project may obtain pre-qualification document (the “PQ Document”) between 09.00 a.m. to 04.00 p.m. (Western Indonesia Standard Time) during a period starting on and including 22 October 2009 until and including on 30 October 2009, upon the submission of a written request to the address below for the attention of Chairman of the Procurement Committee, and upon cash payment of a non-refundable fee of IDR 1,000,000 (one million Rupiah).
5. The requirements for bidding and procedures for submissions of applications for pre-qualification will be contained in the PQ Document.
6. Applications for pre-qualification must be submitted to and received at the address below not later than 03.00 p.m. (Western Indonesia Standard Time) on 20 November 2009.
7. Applicant for pre-qualification will be advised, in due course, of the results of evaluations on its application. Only applicants that have passed prequalification will be invited to bid.
8. The participant of this PQ may be a single company, a Joint Venture or a Joint Operation Company and each member has experience and built of coal fired steam power plant for the last 10 years.