Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimize the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with head office in Jakarta and support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training center.
We are seeking experienced people for the following positions:
Superintendent Planning (928605)
In this role you will:
• Assist in the development of site personnel in planning systems and process
• Ensure the JDE maintenance system is utilised effectively on all sites to ensure consistency and transparency across the business and records are maintained accurately
• Liaise with the Reliability group to monitor, review and update Fleet Reliability processes
• Support Reliability processes implemented by the Asset Reliability Team
• Carry out strategy reviews where required to ensure that all Thiess assets are maintained to achieve operational MTBF metrics while not compromising safety or budgets
• Liaise with OEM’s and Thiess content experts on current strategy updates or reviews
• Strive for cost efficiencies where possible while not compromising safety
What skills and experience do you need?
• Trade qualification / Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications / experience
• Experience in maintenance operations with large mining equipment
• Experience in scheduling and planning maintenance activities for large mining equipment
• Experience in Maintenance Warehousing and Inventory management processes
• Experience supervising crews in a maintenance environment is preferred
• Proficient in MS Office
• Competent in the use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (e.g. JDE)
• Knowledge of contract management, including subcontractors
• Highly effective communication skills
• Ability to negotiate with stakeholders and influence outcomes
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. If you want to take your career to a new level and be involved in an exciting workplace change and issues, please apply online through our web https://careers.pageuppeople.com/399/caw/en/listing no later than 2 weeks from the date of publication.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.