PT Agincourt Resources; Superintendent – Local Economic Development
Posting date: March 23, 2023 Expiry date: April 06, 2023
The Martabe Gold Mine is managed and operated by PT Agincourt Resources. The mining area covers an area of 30 km² which is under the sixth generation Contract of Work (COW) with a total area of 1,303 km². The Martabe Gold Mine is located on the west side of the island of Sumatra, Batang Toru Sub-district, North Sumatra Province.
The Martabe Gold Mine began full production on 24 July 2012 and has a resource base as of 30 June 2022, of 6.5 million oz of gold and 64 million oz of silver. The operating capacity of the Martabe Gold Mine is more than 7 million tonnes of ore per year to produce more than 200,000 ounces of gold and 1-2 million ounces of silver per year.
PT Agincourt Resources involves more than 3,000 employees and contractors, around 99% of whom are Indonesian citizens, and more than 70% are from local villages.
PT Danusa Tambang Nusantara (PTDTN) holds 95% shares of PT Agincourt Resources. PTDTN is a subsidiary of PT United Tractors Tbk. with 60% share ownership and PT Pamapersada Nusantara with 40% share ownership, as well as part of PT Astra International Tbk business group. A total of 5% of PT Agincourt Resources' shares are owned by South Tapanuli District Government and North Sumatra Provincial Government.
To strengthen the existing Community Development team and to ensure the achievement of the department objectives, the Martabe Gold Mine is looking for a candidate to fill the role:
SUPERINTENDENT – LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (CD 2303024)
This position will be based at Martabe Site in Community Development Department, and reports directly Manager – Community Development.
The role of the Superintendent – Local Economic Development is will perform complex in planning, designs, implements, managing and monitor programs based on local economic potential and commodities including local business development in Small Medium Enterprise (SME) and local contractors that involve in company business as well as Agriculture and Agribusiness sectors. The role is also responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of Programs and also be tasked with developing relationships with local authorities or government agencies in order to increasing community livelihoods and economics and also improving the economic welfare of communities in particular DAV’s areas, and enable them to sustain their livelihood in post the mining operation or mine closure.
Candidates for this role would be expected to have the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Economics, business administration or other relevant fields of study. Preferably with master’s degree in sosial and sustainability.
2. With a minimum of 7 years of experience working on community development within mining/ multinational companies (at the middle level); working on NGOs or Consultant in community empowerment or related.
3. Highly experience in managing local and nonlocal team member, with various background and knowledge.
4. Strong leadership, effective supervision, promote growth and teamwork within team.
5. Experience in design, implement and monitor the success of economic development programs such as business attraction, small business assistance, agriculture development and business, commercial revitalization and marketing development.
6. Knowledge of regulations and procedures concerning economic development, and statistics and mathematics applicable to economic analysis.
7. Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results-Based Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of Programme, managing data, reporting.
8. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
9. Strong analytical, drafting, presentation and communication skills
10. Capacity to implement the strategic vision and programmatic goals as laid down in the RIPPM Document.
11. Adapts flexibly to changing situations, overcomes obstacles and recovers quickly from setbacks.
12. Establish measurements and metrics to assess the effectiveness of the program, and community economic outreach activities and evaluate the outcomes. Reports on these metrics and make recommendations for improvement and new strategies to accomplish goals.
13. In collaboration with related stakeholder (Government or consultant) to ensure that the local or district’s economic growth opportunities are increased and measured.
14. Ability to plan, organize and implement a comprehensive economic development program,
15. Able to achieve results and meet strict deadlines in an effective manner, maintaining a high-quality standard throughout.
16. Problem-solving ability and interpretation of events required for practical matters.
17. Creative, innovative solutions to job problems
18. Proactive outreach and excellent in communication to promote positive image of the company
Applicants are to include in their application a copy of the following:
1. Latest Resume
2. ID Card (KTP) and Vaccine certificates (Vaccine 1, Vaccine 2, and Booster).
If you believe, you possess the skills, qualifications, and experience to fill in the position, please send in your CV complete with your latest photograph by quoting the position title & code on the email subject, no later than April 03, 2023 to:
Human Resources Department – PT Agincourt Resources
Or email: PTAR.Recruiting@agincourtresources.com
Please put the position code & applicant’s name (CD 2303024 - Your Name) on your application subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process